Friday, October 22, 2010

Combining Passions

As some of you know, I've been taking some film classes lately in an attempt to pursue a passion of mine. Of course, taking the time away from my family is never fun and always makes me feel at least a little guilty. In an effort to combine the two, I decided to make this fun little video with the boys. It's a Star Wars-inspire film (although Batman and others make some debuts!) using action figures. Mackay was of course the main actor and Beckett was his side kick in our home audio recording "studio" (i.e. my closet!). I played a few voices as well, including that of Yoda. Andrea was the girl voice at the end.

Unlike other short films I've made, I went into this without any real script or storyboards. It was more of an interactive process with the boys (they were the ones who actually came up with the idea of doing a scene with Yoda). After we had a general story shot, I made up a dialogue and then we recorded it. Of course all of the sound effects were also added after the fact. Long story short, it took longer than I had hoped, but it was a fun little project that I hope the boys will remember with fondness.

For those who are wondering...the fire is real!

No comments: