Tuesday, June 09, 2009

She's Here!!!

Well, after over 41 weeks of waiting, we finally got to meet the newest addition to our family! She is the cutest little baby girl! After giving nature its time to kick in, we decided to follow the doctor's advice and go the c-section route (Beckett was an emergency c-section, so we couldn't go the inducement route again). We got to the the hospital around noon and at 2:22 p.m. on 6/9/09 our daughter came out to see the light! Everything went really well. After a quick check with the neonatal specialists, Andrea was even able to to kind of hold her (see picture below).

After that, I was able to hold our girl and carry her to the nursery where they did their standard tests. She weighed 9 pounds 1.5 ounces and measured 20.5 inches long. After a short time to warm up in the nursery, I was able to take our girl to see her mommy. She took to nursing right away and has been doing well ever since. She's already on her 3rd nursing after a good nap laying in Andrea's arms.

As for Andrea, she looks great! She's feeling a little sore, but is doing well otherwise.

Other than that, we felt blessed to have family living so close. Andrea's parents and two sisters were able to come down last night and watch the kids today while we went to the hospital.

And here are a few pictures...(and for those who want to compare our girl with Mackay and Beckett, you can compare them here).

Mommy meets daughter face to face for the first time!

Already trying to suck those fingers.

Taking a quick rest.

Mackay meets his little sister.

Beckett's excited to be a big brother!

Another cute pict of Mackay and his little sister.

The boyz...and a baby!
(Note: I've now made it a tradition to wear my Hopking Cycling shirt for each birth
. 3 for 3!)

A family of 5!!!



Our cute little girl.

14 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

She is ADORABLE! Of course we're not the slightest bit surprised! We can't wait to meet her!

Andrea, you look amazing! Did you get your hair all fixed. That's just not fair ;). And Mackay and Beckett are just so cute with their new little sis. Ahhhh, let the games begin. That one little girl is gonna have her men tied around her little finger in no time. You just wait :).

We love you! Now give that girl a name!

HrncirikHome said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations on the birth of such an precious little girl. We are so happy for you!

JJ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally. I'm sure Andrea is saying that more than anyone else has a right to.

So I've read and re-read this post a dozen times and you've left out a pretty significant part of a birth announcement: what is her name?

Carin said...

YEAH!!! I'm sure Andrea is so relieved to have the pregnancy over. Those final days are the longest hours of a woman's life! She is so plump and pink and ADORABLE!! I can tell Marc is going to be treating her like a little princess...as should happen! Love to you all! You've caught up with us now! Yeah!

Melissa said...

oh she's so beautiful! congratulations guys! can't wait to meet her in person. thanks for posting so quickly--I've been thinking about you all day! happy sleeping!

Suzie Petunia said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

marc said...

JJ, no name yet. Stay tuned... :)

Nicole said...

Congratulations! She looks adorable!

Grandpa Strong said...

"WOW! Andrea you really have large healthy babies. You two are doing great and have a lovely family. I am very proud of you both and certainly my grandchildren.

Rain in My Head said...

Congrats!! What a beautiful little face. She looks like Beckett to me. Hope Andrea feels better quickly!
:)

Jenny said...

What a stunning little girl! She's a beauty. Truly happy for your family. Thanks for sharing these great photos. Congratulations you guys!! You make a beautiful family!

Buchanan Family said...

Congrats Momma! She looks beautiful! LEt us know if you need help with anything?

Jenna said...

Way to go Andrea and Marc! Another beautiful Strong baby. That's 3 for 3. She has such a sweet little face, she reminds me of Mackay when he was first born. I SO wish I could be there to hold her and to help out, especially that first week after a c-section. I'll be sending good kharma your way that the boys will be complete angels and little Emersen will sleep through the wee hours of the morning.

Thanks for the pictures and the update. Can't wait for more!

Jenna said...

Congrats Andrea and Marc! You guys are 3 for 3 in the looks department. She has such a sweet little face and reminds me of Mackay when he was once that little. I wish I could be there to help with the kids and bring yummy food. In lieu of that I will send good kharma your way so your boys will be complete angels and little Emersen will sleep through the wee hours of the morning. Thanks for keeping us posted. Can't wait for more updates!

Love you guys!