Saturday, April 04, 2009

We Love Our Sharks!

Mackay had a fun first season of soccer with Andrea as his head coach. The kids decided to be the Sharks. Andrea of course did a great job getting the kids to run around the cones, teaching them to dribble, and actively coaching them (i.e. running around the field with them) during the games. All of those years playing soccer combined with her natural teaching skills sure came in handy.

Here are a few pictures from the season, which ran from February to early April.

Their first practice back in February.

Some ball-handling drills.

Throw-in drills. The kids trying to make it in the bucket.

I think this was their first game. It was tough that first week, but they definitely showed improvement.

Happy at a game in early March.

Last game. Go Sharks! (Notice how the grass has finally greened up.)

Nothing rounds out the season like a good-old medal! Way to go Mackay! We're proud of you! And way to go Coach!

3 comments:

Carin said...

Way to go Mackay! And Andrea! Soccer season is a busy one and lots of fun games to watch. We have our final tournament at the end of this month - 6 games in 1 weekend! Then we'll be done for a few months before the madness starts up again! Bet you're glad it's over now that you're 9 mo prego Andrea...Love you all!

Eric and Amy said...

Can I tell you how impressed I am?? Way to go Mackay. What a fun team! And you had the BEST coach ever! Andrea, I love the pics of you jumping around...prego! :) Seriously, THAT is dedication. You are one amazing Momma! :)

Christy said...

Is that Andrea doing the ball-handling drills while preggo? Goodness! I'm impressed...she's in mid-air!